Disclaimer: The 2020 NBA Draft is still 207 days away.
Here is my first stab of a big board for the 2020 NBA Draft class. I’ve done quite a bit of digging and film study on these guys the past year (and more for some) but like every draft, it’s a fluid situation and things can change on the dime. This is a team-neutral board, as I’d expect a mock draft to go very much different with team needs and fits factored in.
For all my draft friends, feel free to DM me on twitter and tell me if there’s anyone you think I’m missing out on or have too low, as I’m open to making adjustments. I expect this to look much different month-by-month as I watch more games, study film and read scouting reports.
I’ll be doing monthly updates to my board on the 1st of every month so be on the lookout.
DECEMBER 1ST BOARD
Top 30 Prospects
- Tier 1
- 1. SG, Anthony Edwards- Georgia
- 2. PG, Cole Anthony- UNC
- Tier 2
- 3. PG, Nico Mannion- Arizona
- 4. PG, Tyrese Maxey- Kentucky
- 5. PG, LaMelo Ball- Illawarra
- Tier 3
- 6. SF, Isaac Okoro- Auburn ⇑
- 7. PF, Paul Reed- DePaul ⇑
- 8. C, Onyeka Okongwu- USC
- Tier 4
- 9. SF, Deni Avdija- Maccabi
- 10. C, James Wiseman- Memphis
- 11. PG, RJ Hampton- NZ Breakers
- 12. PG, Killian Hayes- Ulm
- Tier 5
- 13. PG, Theo Maledon- Cholet
- 14. PF, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl- Villanova
- 15. PG, Tyrese Haliburton- Iowa St.
- Tier 6
- 16. SG, Jahmi’us Ramsey- Texas Tech
- 17. SG, Josh Green- Arizona
- 18. SG, Isaiah Joe- Arkansas
- Tier 7
- 19. PF, Obi Toppin- Dayton
- 20. PG, Kira Lewis- Alabama
- 21. SF, Jaden McDaniels- Washington
- Tier 8
- 22. C, Oscar Tshiebwe- West Virginia
- 23. G/F, Tyler Bey- Colorado ⇑
- 24. PG, Tre Jones- Duke
- Tier 9
- 25. SF, Romeo Weems- DePaul
- 26. F, Jordan Nwora- Louisville
- 27. G/F, Scottie Lewis- Florida
- Tier 10
- 28. SF, Saddiq Bey- Villanova
- 29. F, Aaron Henry- Michigan St.
- 30. F, Wendell Moore- Duke
- 31. F/C, Zeke Nnaji- Arizona
- 32. C, Filip Petrusev- Gonzaga
- 33. SG, Desmond Bane- TCU
- 34. PF, Anton Watson- Gonzaga
- 35. C, Isaiah Stewart- Washington
- 36. F/C, Vernon Carey- Duke
- 37. G/F, Aaron Nesmith- Vanderbilt ⇑
- 38. SG, Landers Nolley II- Virginia Tech ⇑
- 39. F/C, Jalen Smith, Maryland
- 40. PG, Myles Powell- Seton Hall
- 41. PG, Cassius Winston- Michigan St.
- 42. PG, Grant Riller- Charleston
- 43. G/F, Cassius Stanley- Duke
- 44. C, Neemius Queta- Utah St.
- 45. SF, Precious Achiuwa- Memphis
- 46. SF, Trendon Watford- LSU
- 47. PF, Mamadi Diakite- Virginia
- 48. F, Patrick Williams, Florida St.
- 49. SG, AJ Lawson- South Carolina
- 50. PG, Devon Dotson- Kansas
- 51. PF, Kaleb Wesson- Ohio St.⇑
- 52. SG, Bryan Antonie- Villanova
- 53. PF, Killian Tillie- Gonzaga
- 54. PF/C, Amar Sylla- INTL
- 55. SF, CJ Elleby- Washington St.
- 56. PG, Jalen Pickett- Sienna
- 57. SG, Devin Vassell- Florida St.
- 58. G, Skylar Mays- LSU
- 59. F, Trevelin Queen- New Mexico St.
- 60. C, N’Faly Dante- Mali
- 61. F, Robert Woodard- Mississippi St. ⇑
- 62. C, Charles Bassey- Western Kentucky
- 63. F, Anthony Lamb- Vermont
- 64. C, Aleksej Pokusevski- Serbia
- 65. PG, Markus Howard- Marquette
- 66. PG, Tyrell Terry- Stanford
- 67. G, Ayo Dosunmu- Illinois
- 68. SG, Ochai Agbaji- Kansas
- 69. SF, Nahziah Carter- Washington
- 70. F, Reggie Perry- Mississippi St.
Recap: This draft class has a lot of guard depth and I expect there to be some reaches for bigs early with teams that have those needs which will lead to multiple guards dropping later into the lottery or first-round. There aren’t too many dynamic modern bigs or wings in this group, which is why I’m so high on Paul Reed for example.
I will conduct a mock draft at some point and dive into the why the big board will look very much different “order-wise” from my mock with team needs factored in. It’s not a particularly strong class, but there are some intriguing pieces that I think could serve as starters on good teams and elite-level role players.